We strive to make the process of organising a funeral as easy as possible.
The first step is to make contact with Ingham Funeral Services (4776 2393), or another funeral director of your choice, to make an appointment with them.
When you meet with the Funeral Directors, they will contact the Parish Office to organise a time for the funeral.
After you meet with the Funeral Directors, you would normally come immediately to the Parish Offices to meet with a priest or staff member to plan the service. We have a comprehensive booklet and an easy “tick and flick” selection sheet.
Some questions worth considering:
- Would we like a Requiem Mass or a Funeral Service?
- Would we like the parish to advertise the funeral on the parish facebook feed?
- Would we like the funeral live streamed?
- Would we like a slideshow prior to the start of the funeral?
- Do we want live music (organist and singer) or video hymns?
- Do we want a booklet or memorial card?
If you would like a booklet or memorial card, please make contact with Merv’s Stationery (4776 3009). You can visit them after coming to the parish offices.
Guidelines for preparing a Catholic funeral with our parishes can be found here.
Links to popular funeral hymns can be found here.
Help on writing the Words of Remembrance, which some call the Eulogy, can be found here.